Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bienvenido a Miami! Part Numero Uno!

On Wednesday, May 27th, my cousin Dana and I hopped on the red-eye flight to celebrate our cousin April’s Bachelorette Weekend in South Beach Miami. Oh what an eventful experience. Let me tell you, Miami is like the Vegas of the southeast coast. People there just don’t sleep. It’s non-stop partying. Drinking 24/7. I’d feel sorry for anyone’s liver after a visit to the city of Miami. I thought it would be nice to blog about my whole experience, and started writing, when I realized there was so much to say. So I decided that I'd break down my days in Miami, as a three-part blog, so basically, if you wanna see what happens on my trip you have to read the first part, and stay tuned 'til next time. LMAO! Anyhow, on with the story.

Day One – Thursday, May 28th

Before reaching Miami, Dana and I had one stop to Philadelphia. Oh man, does Philly have a nice ass airport! They were voted cleanest airport in the United States! So while in Philly, we went exploring around the airport in search for breakfast and perhaps souvenirs. As we were walking around the airport, I couldn’t help but notice on the difference of employees compared to the San Francisco International Airport. SFO is full of Filipinos. Like FOBulous Filipinos, where they’re trying to help me check in, but yet I don’t understand a word they’re saying to me. LOL Philly, on the other hand, was just about all Black folks. Anyhow, while in Philly, Dana and I thought to ourselves, “Hey we’re in Philly. Let’s get a Philly cheese steak.” Well that was the original plan, but after finding the Philly cheese steak spot, I saw the breakfast, and totally forgot what my target meal was. So I ended up getting breakfast instead: two buttered pancakes, two scrambled eggs, diced potatoes and three pieces of bacon. YUMMY! While I was grabbing my salt, pepper, and putting ketchup on my eggs and potatoes, I couldn’t help but listen to the workers talk. I kid you not, I thought they were talking another language, but nope, they were talking in English. Their accents were just so thick! Where I had to stop and think to myself, “Damn they sound funny.” But hey, to them, I must sound funny.

We arrived at the Miami International Airport at 1:30 pm (E.S.T) (30 minutes later than our expected arrival). It was raining, and automatically people started feeling bum, but not me, because I’ve been to Florida before, and I know that the rain only lasts about an hour or two. So I didn’t let that bother me. It took forever for our luggage to come out of that stupid carousel thing! But luckily ours was one of the first to come out. Lucky for us, there was a shuttle taking trips to South Beach. Saved us $7, because a taxi ride from the Airport to South Beach is $32 flat rate. The shuttle charged $25 for two people. So off to the Sagamore Hotel (www.sagamorehotel.com) we go. You know what I saw on the freeway? This man, driving his scooter on the freeway, wearing only cargo shorts, no shirt, tsinelas (slippers), and get this, NO HELMET! Yes folks, NO HELMET! It was raining too! So you got this fool in one of the middle lanes, squinting through the rain, shirtless, with freaken tsinelas on! OMFG!!! From there on, I already knew Miami was going to be something else.

When we finally got to the hotel, the other ladies who arrived before us were already faded. LOL Apparently they’ve been drinking since before they even got to the San Francisco International Airport. LOL So of course, they made Dana and I take shots with them, so that we could get on their level. After our shots, the first thing we did was get into our swimsuits and swim in the rain. LOL Shortly after, it started to clear up. So we decided to start getting ready for dinner, and by that time, some of the other girls have already arrived. We had two joint suites, but only two bathrooms for 14 girls! Solution: Dana and I pair up and shower together, while Jas and Rosal pair up and shower together too. LOL We felt like little kids again when our parents would make us take baths together. Miraculously, all of us managed to get ready on time. Make-up, hair, dressed and everything. Our dinner menu for the night…..crab and lobster from Joe’s Stone Crab Restaurant (www.joesstonecrab.com). YUMMY!!! Dana and I shared our meal, so we ordered these big fat crab claws with creamed spinach, while Jasmine shared some of her sautéed mushrooms with us. Even the bread was good! Everything was so good, that I decided to forget the fact that we were at an expensive restaurant and ended up eating with my hands Filipino style. I was straight up just dipping the crab in all the sauces and eating with my hands. LOL The only thing missing was some vinegar and steamed rice. LMAO!

(Pic: Jas, Me, April (The Bride-to-Be), and Dana getting ready to go out for dinner)

(Pic: Rosal, Jas, Me, and Dana waiting for our dinner to arrive)

(Pic: Yummy, yummy crab claws! Bring on the butter!)

After stuffing our faces, we headed out to a club called the Mansion. Oh, but before I go on, let me just say, Miami is full of haters. They just love to hate on the group of pretty girls. It’s truly sad. As we were trying to get into our cab, a car full of (obviously ugly girls) rolls down their window and yells out “Hookers!” We let it slide though, because we know that they’re just jealous. So we get to the club, but unfortunately, we didn’t know that the clubs didn’t open until 11pm. So we had to find a place to chill, because it didn’t seem like a safe place for us to be wondering around on our own. We went into some Japanese restaurant and decide to have some sake and fried banana. LOL As we were walking in, there was a table with four people just staring at us, and one of the guys had the nerve to say out loud “What the fuck? What are they? All prostitutes?” This was a really dumb thing to say, since all the ladies I was with either worked for the bank, built computers, are attorneys, worked for the government, while the majority are all RNs! Even while we were seated at our table, one of the ladies in that other table decided to turn her whole body so she could just stare at us. So my cousin Rosal turns her whole body and yells “hi!” LMAO! With Jas ending it with, “why don’t you take a picture? It’ll last longer.” Yeah, they never turned to look at us again.

When we finally got into the club, we got to walk right in because apparently someone knew the owner, but of course, as we walk in, you got them people hatin again, “how come they get to go in?” LOL The club slowly got packed. Will from Day 26 was to make an appearance that night. The music was coo. They played a lot of Top 40’s and occasionally some old school songs. But sheesh, their drinks are expensive! It’s like buying a drink in Vegas! Dana had a Red Bull and vodka, while I had a Long Island….the grand total of that…..$29! Yeah, I didn’t buy anymore drinks after that. LOL Oh and let me clarify, remember how people were calling us hookers? Well there were other females dressed more risqué than we were! I’m talkin ‘bout booties and dedes hanging out! It was cellulites galore up in there, and you got them hatin on us? Come on now.

To be continued . . . . .

1 comment:

  1. hey i ate at that same resturant in VEGAS on valintines day!! FUCK ALL the HATERS!!!!!! haha!

    ReplyDelete